Push the limits while diving with the DPX-1 Shield tablet housing! You can carry and use your tablet while underwater without any hesitation, so you can use your tablet any way you want. With the DPX-3 Dagger, you can access your tablet underwater by touching it as you wish.While underwater, DPX-1 Shield is interactive underwater with the patent-pending DPX-3 Dagger, which offers limitless possibilities thanks to the smart tablet's touch screen and fast processor. DPX-1 Shield allows you can dive up to 60m/200ft. depth with your tablet.
Improve your dive experience with DPX-1 Shield, state-of-the-art housing for tablets. While underwater, it is interactive* with patent-pending DPX-3 Dagger, providing endless possibilities by touch screen and powerful processor of the smart tablet.
DPX-1 Shield is the heart of the Orion Tablet Platform. Thanks to the robust housing of DPX-1, it is now possible to take your tablet underwater up to 60m/200ft. depth.
Once your tablet is underwater, endless apps and gadgets are waiting to enrich your diving experience. We have already built many app and gadgets for you; to name a few:
We are working on new apps and gadgets:
We are cooperating with researchers, engineers and app developers for innovative apps and gadgets; such as:
DiveSafe will combine a variety of diving-related technology, equipment, and apps into a comprehensive solution that will make research and professional diving missions more efficient and safe. The DiveSafe project receives funding from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) program of the European Commission.
- Habitat mapping for ecological projects
Biosphere research center
Halaskargazi Cad. No:138, 34363, Şişli/İstanbul
Its anodized aluminum base, tempered glass windows, and four secure locks guarantee the safety of your smart tablet underwater. Every housing is pressure tested and can be safely used to depths up to 60 meters. Beside the DPX-1 Shield Standard that can accommodate 8"-11" tablets. INNOVASUB is ready to provide you any custom size DPX-1.
Ergonomic handles enable you to carry out your diving mission with optimal grip.
3 models of DPX-1 permit the use of three features of tablets:
1- USB Access: DPX-1 Shield+ version provides a USB port connection with a wet connector for 3rd party hardware and software developers.
2- Camera lens access: DPX-1V Shield to snap and record remarkable moments with an internal tablet camera thanks to the viewport of the DPX-1 series. DPX-1V is also equipped with ball mount bases to accommodate video lights or any other accessory.
3- Touch Display Access: DPX-3 Dagger allows the access to the touch display of S-Pen* (S-Pen is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) compatible tablets.
Easy to attach mounting points of the DPX-1 base tray allows combination with diving accessories such as flashlight, knife, lanyard, marker buoys etc. Moreover, DPX-1 Shield diving experience can be enriched by the following accessories build exclusively for the Orion Tablet Platform:
- DPX-3 Dagger to access the display
- DPX-5 Rigel to read depth and water temperature wirelessly.
- DPX-7 SeaFalcon to carry the Shield and provides more space for storage and accessory attachment such as knife, small tools, action cams etc.
- Buoyancy Foam. The housing has an approximate buoyancy of +1,1 kg. depending on the tablet used. Some divers may consider this as an advantage while others may ask for a custom foam to compensate for the buoyancy and bring the system to neutral or floating state.
- Video Lights
- Vacuum based sealing Indicator.
- Humidity sensor
- * S Pen featured Samsung Tablets.
S-Pen is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
** Compatible Model List;
- We are open to collaborate with researchers, engineers and developers for building new apps new gadgets around the DPX-1 Shield. Do not hesitate to contact us for working on the new apps and diving instruments.
*Sizes are for the Standard model. DPX-1 Shield can be custom made for other tablet sizes.